Zygotta tagged me in this fun game.
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
- Tag 11 people
Here are my 11 random things, none of which have to do with babies or baby-making (at least not directly), in honor of Fertility Free Friday!
- I get obsessed by television and will watch episode after episode until I get to the end. So far, I’ve seen Lost, True Blood, Lie to Me, The Tudors (1/2 of it), Six Feet Under, Sex & The City, and Fringe. I can’t stop watching until I’ve seen every episode. I get the same way with serial books. I just read all the George R R Martin books, one after another in about 3 months (they’re pretty long books).
- Even though I haven’t heard Fiona Apple’s “When the pawn…” in about 10 years, I still sing “Paper Bag” when I’m in the shower. I thought you were a man, but you were just a little boy…
- My favorite thing about shopping in Target is the mirror set up in the dressing rooms. They make it so you can always see your own butt, without having to do all that twisting about. When you have a butt as big as mine, it’s important to know how that thing looks in clothes. Now, if Target would just make better clothes, I’d be really happy.
- In yoga, I always worry that I’ll accidentally fall asleep during Shavasana and start snoring, so I can never really relax.
- My favorite British words are “wanker” and “nutter.” I’m also found of “poofta” and “cuppa tea.” I really would like to live in England for while… except I don’t think I’d like the weather.
- I really want to buy all new shoes. All new ones. Like throw away all of mine and start over again. I like shoes, and I’d like some new ones. Other than tennis shoes though, I have all the ones I need so I can’t justify buying any more.
- My favorite books are Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series.
- I don’t I’ve ever met or seen anyone really famous up close, other than Jude Law on Broadway when he played Hamlet.
- I read A Wrinkle in Time at least once a year. I love this book. I give this book as a gift to all kids I know… though so far none of them have loved it like I do.
- One of my favorite memories of my mom has to do with her reading a book to me every morning after my sister went to school and before my mom had to go to work.
- I really, really don’t like my sister because of how mean she is to my mom.
Hmm, next I’m supposed to tag 11 people, but I don’t think I know 11 blog people, so I’ll just tag the people I read often, even if I don’t comment much:
And, here are my answers to zygotta’s questions.
1. What was your most memorable travel destination? Why?
My cross country trip with friends. In many ways, it was totally awful (terrible hotels, cramped in a car with a girl I ended up really disliking, too much Subway), but in others it will always be something I’m really glad I did
2. Tell a story of how you met someone famous
Well, I didn’t read these questions first, but I’ve actually already answered this one. I’ve never actually met a famous person
3. What was your greatest fear in childhood?
Oh, monsters under the bed. I wasn’t that original. When I turned off my light I’d only put one foot on the floor, then I’d jump to the bed so they couldn’t get me
4. If there was one thing about your appearance that you could change, what would that be?
Well, I think I’m supposed to say my psoriasis. Honestly, though, I’ve gotten used to that. I’d like to lose weight. I don’t like how heavy I am right now. Thank goodness this is something I can do something about
5. What skill are you most proud of?
Reading. I am very happy that I read well
6. Who did you wanna become when you grow up?
I wanted to be a writer and a doctor. I’m now a reader and almost a PhD doctor, so I’m kinda close.
7. Is there a household chore that you enjoy?
Not really. I’m not much of a housekeeper. I don’t mind laundry I guess.
8. What book did you enjoy the most over the past year?
Hmm, I guess Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. I love the Martin books, but only as a set, so that’s the SINGLE book I enjoyed reading for the first time this year.
9. Show a picture that captures one of your best memories
I don’t think this picture really shows this very well, but that’s a double rainbow. I
took that picture one Sunday after a big storm, when DH called and told me to go look at the sky. He was driving home from work, and we were both so excited to see this big, beautiful rainbow. Our relationship has had lots of rainbows in it, and I love them. They remind me that beauty will come after big scary events in the world, if you just look up and look for it.
10.If someone gave you a year-long paid sabbatical, whatwould you do?
Read. Watch movies. Walk. Go places. Cook elaborate meals (maybe). Sleep more. Enjoy life, without pressure.
11.Tell about the place you live in (city, neighbourhood, country… make it as big or as precise as you wish)
I live in the South (in America). It’s a place filled with beauty, but also sadness. The low country, with its swamps and marshes and rivers and oceans are stunningly beautiful, but the living conditions of the people breaks my heart.
And, 11 questions anyone can feel free to answer:
- What’s your favorite type of reading? Fiction, non-fiction, trashy magazines, whatever…
- If you could tell you 19 year old self something, what would you tell her?
- What’s the worst thing about election years? The pundits, the ads, etc…?
- Do you have a favorite stupid, really dumb, no point movie? What makes you love that one?
- How many times a week do you misplace your keys? Do they ever turn up in strange places, like the freezer?
- If you had a million dollars to spend ONLY on frivolous items, what would you buy first?
- Do you feel guilty about something that you should do more often, but you don’t?
- What’s your favorite dessert? Post a picture if you can!
- What did you love most about your first/favorite pet?
- Do you have any really annoying habits?
- Have you ever signed into a social network with the sole purpose of “stalking” (just to check in on someone…)?